Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Brown & Purple Eye Makeup Tutorial


So, I've gotten one or two people asking me why I don't try a makeup tutorial - So I decided to gladly obey, and try, at least. Bear with me, It is my first time!
I decided to use one of my every day smokey eyes for this one - the purple is surprisingly subtle, and gives the brown a nice mauve-y effect. Enjoy!

1. First of all, prep the eyelid. Use a small bit of foundation or primer, and smooth over the eyelid. 

2. Using a pale cream eyeshadow, go over the eyelid again - making sure you have an even, pale, matte surface. This will make other eye shadows more vibrant on your eyelid, and so you will have to use less! ('Tis a good tip, I'm proud of myself)

I used - 'Bone' by Revlon
3. Using a taupe (or light brown shade), apply to the crease of your eye - to find the crease, just follow the shape of your eye socket. This will make the shape of your eye more pronounced. If you have very small eyelids, or very covered lids - you can place the crease a little higher.

I used - 'Tease' by Urban Decay
4.. Apply a purple shade to the outer corner of your eye. I used a really nice one, Matte Plum by Revlon - my favourite thing about these single eyeshadow compacts is that you buy them seperately and they click together to make your own palette. Love it!
Revlon 'Plum' and 'Bone', both new matte shades.
5. Apply a wash of a warm brown shade to your eyelid. I used this warm brown shade from a No.7 palette!
No.7 palette - I used the middle brown shade across my eyelid.
6. Blend! Get a clean, larger eye shadow brush and blend the top of your eyeshadow, bringing it over and back like a windscreen wiper. Blending is really important, as any unblended eyeshadow can have stark, obvious ending lines.

Blend up and out - you want to lift and elongate the eye!
7. Highlight! I used Naked 2 Palette's 'Bootycall' shade to highlight. 
I get asked this a bit, so I shall explain - as you've contoured your eyelid with a taupe shade in the crease, you also need to highlight, to give your eyelid emphasis and a 3-D effect. Place a small dab of highlighter shade (or a white eyeshadow will do the trick) on the middle of you eye lid, on your brow bone, and in the inner corner of your eye.


Don't forget to blend the highlighter lightly!
Naked 2 palette - I used 'bootycall' and 'tease'
8. Add your finishing touches! 
A coat or two of mascara (I used No.7's Extreme Length, and Rimmel's Scandaleyes) and a flick of eyeliner, and you're good to go!





Ta-dahh! Hope you enjoyed my first attempt at a makeup tutorial, here's hoping I do better next time.

AdiĆ²s,
Crumble X

No comments:

Post a Comment