Sunday, August 17, 2014

Galway Arts Festival 2014

 A month or so late putting these pictures up, but oh well. The Galway Arts Festival is hands-down my favourite festival in Ireland, so I had to share these pics!

This may be one of the best pictures I've ever taken! One of the gazillions of street acts that day, these guys were energetic and lively, they were brilliant to watch.

I love the energy and feeling of Galway during the Arts Festival, I really do. There are even more street performers, events every day, the sun usually shines. . . it really is the best time to see Galway.

There were tons of art installations brought in too, one of the more prominent ones being Joe Caslin's paintings on buildings - and the reason I love these is not just because they're incredibly visually striking, but they're also permanent. That we like to see.
Joe Caslin's painting beside the Town Hall.


Joe Caslin's painting at Spanish Arch.

 One of my favourite places to be during the festival was the Festival Big Top - where all the gigs take place! My dad sets it up, so generally I see him in there - last year for Grizzly Bear, and this year for Walking On Cars and The Coronas! It really looks great, and is surprisingly large inside.

Absolut Festival Big Top, where this year The National, The Waterboys, The Coronas, and Walking On Cars played!
A very blurry photo of Walking On Cars performing - in my defense, we were jumping around a lot.
Kurt Perschke's Red Ball Project also came to Galway, in a different place every day for a week - with people finding out it's location via his Twitter or his Instagram. We bumped into it on Quay Street, Shop Street, the Town Hall, Blackrock, and Spanish Arch!

Mia,Anais,Myself and Brett posing with a wedged red ball.

All in all, this was one of the best Galway Arts Festivals I've experienced, and I'm betting 2015 will bring an even better one.

Do you agree? Or think another year was better? What festivals have you been to? Comment below!

Till next time,
Crumble X

No comments:

Post a Comment