Thursday, November 05, 2015

Benefit 'Roller Lash' Review


Heya m'darlings!
I haven't done a review of anything in a while and people have been asking when the next one is - so, I have a good few in store - I'll be doing a new review once a week for the next couple weeks, so here goes my first of the month!

 So, after a couple years sticking to 'They're Real!' by Benefit and Max Factor's False Lash Effect mascara, I decided to try out Roller Lash this month, as I'm getting lazier and lazier, and less inclined to bother with an eyelash curler. This mascara claims to grab, separate, lift and curl…while the instant curve-setting formula holds for 12 hours. The packaging itself says that it "visibly lifts lashes gives long-lasting curl - eyes look more wide open!"
 The packaging is lovely, actually, with all it's claims bravely displayed along it's side. The outside of the mascara is black and pink, lightweight and very durable.
The brush itself is a pink rubber bristle brush, with small hooks on one side to catch small/bottom lashes, and the brush is curved to curl your upper lashes.


Now, the important part - what does it look like on?


Okay, so this is me with no makeup - don't judge! As you can see, without mascara, my eyelashes are non-existent. 
So, this is the before picture...


 
And this is the improvement after just one coat - so, personally I wouldn't wear this out for a night, because there's no volume really, but for everyday, this mascara is just perfection for a natural, open-eyed look! No clumps whatsoever with the first coat, but that does become a problem after the second and third coat...


After a second and third coat, lashes become a little clumpy and spidery - so I tend to stick to just one coat, unless I have a lash comb handy to fix the spidery bits.


Benefit's Roller Lash mascara is available at Brown Thomas, the Benefit website itself, or Boots for €26.00, and as far as I can remember there is also a mini version now available in Boots for a handy stocking filler, or even if you just want to try it out for a while!

All in all, a great buy, easy for everyday use, and I definitely prefer it to They're Real. Worth the money!

Anywho, 
Adios!

Crumble X

No comments:

Post a Comment