Wednesday, September 07, 2016

My MAC Eyeshadows - Review and Swatches of 6 Shades!


Heya lovelies! 

So, thought that I'd complete the swatches of my single pan eyeshadow collection by showing my MAC shadows - so far, I only have 6 shades. To be honest, I've never really been a MAC fan until recently - I'm used to the soft, buttery texture of Makeup Geek eyeshadow pans, and though MAC eyeshadows are also great in their own right, I did have to get used to the difference in application and texture. But, this is a small price to pay for the range of colours and the accessibility! 

Some MAC shadows are a little hit and miss, to be perfectly honest. It's generally a good idea to test the shade on your hand before you buy, because some are very opaque. some incredibly sheer. They generally have a dryer feel to them than Makeup Geek shadows, though this can actually serve you well, as you have more control over how much you pick up on your brush.

I bought my first MAC eyeshadow, 'Cheer Me On', a matte orange, earlier this year, on a whim. Really, I should have waited to buy it, because recently MAC have lowered their prices for eyeshadow pans - meaning if you buy eyeshadows without that little black plastic thing around them, and instead stick them in a magnetic palette, such as a Z-Palette or MAC's own palettes, they are now only €7. I think buying them this way is definitely the way to go - it's easier to travel with, it looks damn nice, and you're not wasting as much plastic!



So, without further ado, here are swatches of my MAC collection so far!

I'll start with my shades - first up we have Stars N' Rockets, and shimmery pink shade with blue reflection. I absolutely adore this shade, it looks so galaxy-like. 
Then we have Cranberry, one of their bestsellers, and for good reason! This is a shimmery copper/maroon shade that looks good with all skintones and eye colours.
Then there's Club, a duochrome brown and green shade I love, it appears brown on skin, but when light hits it, it reflects green!




Then we have my matte shades - starting with Cheer Me On. This is a matte pure orange colour, perfect for pairing with maroons or browns. 
Passionate is a matte mid-toned pink, perfect for a pop of colour on your outer-v. 
Last but not least, we have Electric Eel. Perfect paired with Stars N' Rockets, this is a matte electric blue, I adoooore this shade, though it's not for the faint-hearted or makeup-shy!




So, that concludes the swatches of my current shadow collection - I'd love to hear thoughts on what tutorials I could do next, so feel free to leave a comment below if you'd like to see an eye look with any specific colours!

'Till Next Time,

Crumble X

No comments:

Post a Comment