Monday, September 05, 2016

Makeup Geek Review and Swatches of 15 Eyeshadows!

Heya cuties!

So, very late coming (Sorry, exaaaaams, holidays, work, madness!) but finally decided to do my Makeup Geek review - a little background info here, Makeup Geek is a California-based company, founded by Youtuber Marlena Stell (she's the best!), providing some of the best eyeshadows I have ever used in my life. These eyeshadows are generally vegan, cruelty-free, and talc free, which is sooo rare. Honestly. In my opinion (controversial!) these are better than Mac. Really, I do think so. The pigmentation is amazing, buttery, long lasting, and the colours are just beautiful.

So, in December I decided to invest in a nine-colour palette - each eyeshadow pan is $6, and they're sold as a single eyeshadow, to be put in a Z-Palette, which I bought (holding 9 shadows) for $14.99.

Then, this month, I decided to buy more (just couldn't get enough!), so I went ahead and invested in another six eyeshadows, a contour pan, a blush pan, and a Makeup Geek travel vault palette ($13.99) to hold them in.

Then, my friend Vanessa decided to buy me a large sky blue Z-Palette, and another shade - Lemon Drop, a beautiful shimmery yellow shade.

The contour shade I bought is called Break-Up, a cool shade for porcelain skin tones, and the blush pan is a coral-pink shade called Bliss. Both the contour and blush pans are really pigmented and easy to blend, and are larger than the eyeshadow pans (4.25g as opposed to 1.8g).

So, what shades of eyeshadow did I myself eventually purchase?



- Cocoa Bear (a gorgeous matte warm-toned chocolate brown)

- Shimma Shimma (a shimmery pale shade, perfect for highlighting)

- Vanilla Bean (a nude cream colour, with very subtle shimmer)




- Peach Smoothie (a peach yellow-toned matte colour)

- Creme Brulee (a light brown matte sandy colour)

- Latte (a medium matte brown colour)



- Bedrock (a medium matte grey, with brown undertones)

- Desert Sands (a warm matte yellow-toned brown)

- Preppy (a matte khaki with brown undertones)



- Dirty Martini (a matte olive green colour)

- Bitten (a matte deep burgundy colour)

- Lemon Drop (a shimmery bright primary yellow colour)



- Tuscan Sun (a matte dusty salmon pink colour)

- Poppy (a bright matte orangey-pink colour)

- Steampunk (a shimmery duochrome with both copper, black and blue undertones)




So as you can see, the eyeshadows are sooo pigmented and believe me, the photos don't do the amazing colours any justice. These eyeshadows come in over 130 shades, in a variety of finishes - matte, shimmer, duochrome and foiled. And Makeup Geek have another 19 shades being released in the next couple weeks - I won't be buying them from Makeupgeek.com anymore, unfortunately, but I will try to get my hands on a few shades. Being based in Ireland, the customs and the shipping times are just not worth it from their home site for me - but Beautybay.com stock both Makeup Geek and Z-Palettes, and it's free shipping to Ireland on purchases over €18!

The eyeshadows retail for about €6/7, and Z-Palettes vary in price from size to size, from €8 to about €20

Anyways, till next time,

Crumble X


No comments:

Post a Comment