Thursday, August 21, 2014

Everyday Gold, Brown & Burgundy Eyes Tutorial



I've decided to persevere with making these tutorials, and whilst I still don't have the balls to attempt a 'going-out' look tutorial yet, I did decide to do this everyday gold and burgundy one, because I feel as though people seem to think that once you add anything but browns, greys and black to an eye it's outlandish and can't be 'everyday' look. 
Well, let me prove you wrong, dear reader. Adding colours in a subtle way to a smoky eye can look pretty down-to-earth, and does NOT have to look garish! 

Rant over, and on we go.



1. Prep the eyelid, using primer or a dab of foundation.

2. Using a pale cream eyeshadow, go over the eyelid again - making sure you have an even, pale, matte surface. This will make other eye shadows more vibrant on your eyelid, and so you will have to use less product!
Smooth over eyelid with a fluffy brush.
I used 'Bone' by Revlon. (pictured right)
     

3. Highlight! Using a highlighter shade (I used Urban Decay's 'Bootycall'), dab onto the middle of the eyelid, the brow bone, and the inner corner of the eye. Blend well!

Dab into these three areas to give the eye a more 3D, natural effect.
4.  Using a dark, matte brown shade, drag the brush along the outer edge of your lash line, to elongate and contour the eye.


I used the darkest brown shade I could find, from a New Look
palette. Any dark brown will do, as long as it is matte!
5. Add gold eyeshadow. I like to get a small brush, load it up with pigment, and gently cover most of the eyelid, not going higher than the crease of the socket.
I used 'Half Baked', from the Naked 2 Urban Decay Palette.
6. Gently add burgundy. Next, with a clean brush, blend your burgundy shade into the outer corner and slightly up into the crease of your eye. My burgundy shade is extremely pigmented and this is a daytime look, so I only used a little, but you can use as much as you'd like!

I used a Deep Burgundy shade from my No.7 palette.
7. Add your finishing touches!
Since my eyes are quite close together, I often use looks like this one, with a bright inner corner, to make them seem farther apart. For maximised effect, only line the outer corners of the eye, and leave the inner corners bright! Add a coat or two of mascara on top (I used Max Factor's 'False Lash Effect' in Brown), for big-looking eyes line the waterline with a cream eyeliner, and you're good to go!


So, I hope you had as much fun using this tutorial as I did mucking about with all my makeup. The next tutorials I'm going to start making are going to be focused on what colours to use for different eye colours - that means I shall be recruiting volunteers! Stay tuned!

Until next time,
Crumble X


Follow me on Instagram! - instagram.com/crumble_newman



No comments:

Post a Comment