Tuesday, August 11, 2015

W7 In The Mood and Night Glow review!


One of the fastest growing makeup brands in popularity here in Ireland these past three years has to be W7. Cheap, cheerful, and oftentimes, pretty good luxury dupes - the most famous being their dupes for the Urban Decay Naked palettes, retailing at only €7, as compared to the high-end price of €47!
I've bought my fair share of W7 make-up, but today I'm going to review my favourite two recent products from them - "In The Mood", a dupe for the Naked Basics palettes with 5 matte and 1 shimmer shade, and "Night Glow", a pink-toned highlighter, an alright dupe for Benefit's "High Beam".

(L-R) Shrimp, Oops, Venice, Wink, Katie and Cargo.


The first shade of the In The Mood palette is "Shrimp", a highlighter shade that goes on smoothly, doesn't cake, isn't tooooo sparkly, and has a yellow tone to it. I do love this shade, it's the best eyeshadow I've used for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes!

The second and third shades, "Oops" and "Venice" are both nude matte shades, the only difference being that Oops is yellow-toned and Venice is pink-toned. Both are highly pigmented and smooth to blend.

The fourth shade, "Wink" is the only shade I don't like here, as it's not very pigmented, and doesn't even tend to show up on my skin! I had hoped it would be similar to the "Tease" shade in the second Naked palette, as I've run out of that one, but no such luck.

The fifth and sixth shades are the darkest - "Katie" is a caramel-brown shade that I love, it's matte, very pigmented and a gorgeous colour.
"Cargo" is a smoky (almost) black colour, and is matte also. 


The second product I bought was the new "Night Glow" highlighter - swatched above the palette shades. It's a pink-toned liquid highlighter, not as subtle as High Beam or a powder formula, but for €3 it's good, it blends out nicely and is versatile.



Overall, I think you can't go wrong with the palette, as 5 out of 6 shades are good quality, and the whole thing is only €4! It's perfect for subtle daytime make-up, and I'll definitely be using it some more.

Subtle daytime make-up look with the "In The Mood" palette.


Buy W7 "In The Mood" palette here
Buy W7 "Night Glow" Highlighter here

Anywho,
Adiõs, Crumble x

No comments:

Post a Comment