Saturday, August 16, 2014

505 Jumper How-To DIY


I've gotten one or two asks about this on Tumblr and Instagram, so I'm glad I took pictures during the making of this jumper! 505 is one of my absolute favourite Arctic Monkeys songs, and I have wayyy too many plain jumpers, so naturally it made sense to me that the next step was to make a 505 printed jumper.
It seems difficult to some people apparently, but I assure you it's soooo easy to print on an item of clothing!

So, you want to print on an item of clothing? Here's how:

  1. Trace a vague outline of where the print should be on your clothing, in sewing chalk or a friction-remove pen like I used.



2. Trace the shape out on a piece of paper, like a stencil. You can go freehand, but be warned,it's difficult! Sellotape the stencil to the fabric, and place a newspaper inside the item of clothing, underneath all of the design.


3. I used this fabric paint, which you can get in a huge range of colours, and is only about four euro/three pounds. Any Arts & Crafts store should have some!


4. Using a sponge or a brush, start to dab fabric paint on!



5. I had to hand-paint the fives on this,but it is difficult. Make sure to use and edged brush!



6. When all paint is definitely dry, put an old piece of fabric over the design, and give it a good iron! If using a friction-remove pen like I did, the iron will get rid of it, and if using sewing chalk, wipe it off BEFORE ironing. 


TA-DAAAAH! A design that will survive even washing. 
Jumper done. And I am a very happy bunny.


Try it yourself! Super-easy. Send me a pic of any designs you try!


Till next time,
Crumble X


Follow me on Instagram! instagram.com/crumble_newman


2 comments:

  1. Oh My God, aren't you just the creative genius I don't understand how you think up this stuff it's so cool , tomorrow I shall go to the shops buy some plan cloths and fabric paint and make some not as awesome but on a slightly lower level of cool cloths/prints compared to yours wooo I'm excited now . Well done you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuu <3
      Haha but you're able to do those cut out tops I've seen on your fb!
      The way you do those is amazing!

      Delete