Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Taking Allll The Purple Out Of My Hair!

So, I've had purple hair for about 3 months now, and I have loooved every second of it!
But now, it's pink, it's grey, it's orange - it's all over the place, is what I'm saying. So, I've decided to change it.
I've gotten questions about this, so for anyone with a brightly dyed colour in the red, orange, blonde, purple range - here's how I changed my hair from this -


To this colour,a brown with a light ombre, very quickly.

What I Used :
Bread Soda
• Preference Wild Ombre Colour in No.1 (€6.99)
• Nice N' Easy permanent dye in Natural Ash Brown, or darker. (€7.99)
• Argan Oil (or hair oil of any kind)

 So, with a bright colour dyed over bleached hair, what you'll want to do is fade it over a couple days - 

1. Make a mixture of a cheap shampoo, (I'm talking proper cheap, now) and a little bread soda and wash your hair thoroughly a couple times in a row, until you've noticed a bit more dullness in your hair colour.
Make sure to wash out very well.

2. Using some of the bleach from the Preference pack, lighten any patches of your hair that have stayed darker than others, if needed. 

3. Focusing on the roots and any darker patches, use the Nice N' Easy dye as shown on the box.

4. At this stage, to prevent too much damage from applying bleach, apply Argan oil throughout the lengths and ends of your hair and leave for about 30 minutes. 

5. When hair is dry, use the Preference ombre pack , making sure to concentrate on patches of hair that may be tinted your previous bright colour, and on the ends. Apply to ends first for 5 minutes before progressing upwards. I left it all for 40 minutes.

Wash out after bleach has developed, and condition well! 
There may be a slight sheen of your previous colour, but after a little while, another coat of darker dye will cover it.
So, that's how I got this in one day, hope it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment