Tuesday, January 01, 2013

And A Happy New Something To You Too :P

Will I say it,the sentence the whole world and their wives seem to bark like a reflex at this time of year..?
Okay, I'll go for it - HAPPY NEW YEAR >.<
I'm not the type of person to make New Year's resolutions (who wants to go on a diet the week after Christmas? Nobody, that's who - at leeeast wait until everyone goes back to work/school/routine!), but this year I have decided to make a list (it started out as a solely mental list, but what the hay..) of things I want to accomplish/start/finish/try harder at this year :D
1. I will take up new activities.
Starting this month, I will take up (and hopefully not suck at) Yoga - this is my attempt (did I say attempt? I meant my definite way of!) at getting fit. I'm also starting Sewing & Craft classes at PippaBlue in Galway - I'm gonna pick something, like a quilt or dress, and design it and work my little fingers off making it (I swear I will finish it!)
2. I will take my dog out for more walks.
This one shouldn't be tough,but IT IS! I could just open the front door and she'll walk herself! But no, I have to walk her, it's what best for us both (even if it's wet and cold and miserable outside and I'm kinda tried and oooh but there are Friends re-runs to be watched...) I WILL WALK THAT DOG.
3. I will focus on the positive.
It may be incredibly cheesy and whatnot but it has to be said - I will focus on all the amazingly-awesome-fantastical things that happen to me this year. A friend suggested that I get a cute jar and every time something good happens in my life, even if it's as small as going to the cinema with a friend, or having a nice lunch, or painting a nice picture, I will write it down on a small scrap of paper and put it in the jar... and I think it's an adorable, great idea. I promise I shall do it.
4. I will start dressing the way I want.
I don't care if spotty tights and a dress spotted with white ducks is 'too much pattern'. My socks with lace on them are not ridiculous.(And they are adorable with my new ankle boots.) I don't care if I'm wearing 'too many' big jumpers (you can never have enough big knitted jumpers, by the way.). I really do not care about anything anyone thinks ever about the way I dress unless it can result in my reply being "Oh,really? This old thing? Nawww,thanks, it is nice, isn't it?"
A blurry picture of adorable-and-definitely-not-ridiculous-because-they-are-just-cute-dammit lace socks and ankle boots is below ^_^
And to the person who once said 'The best revenge is dressing well.' I salute you.
(Wait, that was meant to be 'The best revenge is living well?' Oh. How about that.)
Anywhoo, I hope everyone had a good 2012, and will have an even better 2013!
Comment below or subscribe up there (there's a button somewhere up there, I'm sure :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment